What has befallen me?
I continue to struggle
to put heart on paper
when its rivers, flooding
break dams and flow
in unconquerable anger
in unquenchable thirst
become one with me
where the soul lives
Muse, fairest maiden
be kind to my longing
for my words do feel
dead, unseen by all
like the stillborn child
till you, lady of magic
get them alive again
and with them, me
for, I, do live in words
+ + + + + +
How to Participate in One Single Impression
- Post your poetry on your blog.
- Come here and enter your URL into the inlinkz widget. Other participants can easily find you by clicking your name or image.
- Enjoy the beautiful poems of the other bloggers.
- There is a new inlinkz widget each week so you always have to sign up on the current one.
- Please do not sign your name on the widget unless you are participating in One Single Impression.
- The links will remain here forever. A list of past prompts is on the sidebar. You can check back at any time for information on a past prompt.
- Please remember: Play by the Rules! The link to your poem may be deleted by us if you don’t.
A wonderful prompt, thanks Leo. I enjoyed your poem too.ReplyDelete
Mr. Linky, where are you????
My poem is at:
I'm glad I stayed up late to make sure it (didn't) work. I checked this afternoon and re-installed the code just in case something was wrong (there was no evidence of a problem). And it still didn't work. I think I may have to code directly from Google and not from my editor locally. I don't know. But I'll run a test to see. At least I caught it tonight and not hours later tomorrow morning. grrrrrrrrrrrrDelete
Thanks Andree. That was good of you to check right away. Seems fine now!ReplyDelete
Strangely enough, my response to your previous "elemental" prompt was accidentally a response to this one too:ReplyDelete
My Elemental Muse (Limerick)
I often feel that the lady muse is not in residence. Nice prompt, one that everyone is familiar with.ReplyDelete