As we worked together to create this blog to pick up where One Deep Breath has left off, change seemed an obvious choice for the first prompt. This blog reflects change as much it reflects a desire for continuity — especially the continuation of blogger relationships in the online poetry community. Focusing on the interests of a group and creating an inviting atmosphere is a change from the solo act of a personal blog.
As we embrace the challenges that come with change we also lean on old certainties. It's wonderful to transform a potential loss as an opportunity for growth. Thanks for being a part of the change!
Here are a few of Basho's haiku for inspiration.
Pommeling hail —
like the old oak,
I never change.
Do not forget the plum,
in the thicket.
Wake, butterfly –
it’s late, we’ve miles
to go together.
Here is one from Akutagawa, Ryunosuke:
Sick and feverish
Glimpse of cherry blossoms
k k k k k k k
How to Participate in One Single Impression
- Post your poetry on your blog. This does not need to be today. You can post any time during the week.
- Come here and enter your link into Mr. Linky. Other participants can easily find you by clicking your name in Mr. Linky.
- Enjoy the beautiful poems of the other bloggers.
- There is a new Mr. Linky each week so you always have to sign up on the current one. Please do not sign your name on Mr. Linky unless you are participating in One Single Impression.
- Mr. Linky will remain here forever. A list of past themes is on the sidebar. You can check back at any time for information on a past theme.
Thank you and enjoy!