Sunday, September 14, 2008

Prompt 29: Seeds

Thanks to Teri of Teri's Mandalas for this week's prompt of seeds.

It is an old bridge in North Dakota with an unused one-room school house in the background. When I saw what a survivor this sunflower was I was inpsired to paint it and write the haiku.

The sunflower bridge
Seeds were planted by the birds
To brighten our day
k k k k k k k

How to Participate in One Single Impression
  • Post your poetry on your blog. This does not need to be today. You can post any time during the week.
  • Come here and enter your link into Mr. Linky. Other participants can easily find you by clicking your name in Mr. Linky.
  • Enjoy the beautiful poems of the other bloggers.
  • There is a new Mr. Linky each week so you always have to sign up on the current one. Please do not sign your name on Mr. Linky unless you are participating in One Single Impression.
  • Mr. Linky will remain here forever. A list of past themes is on the sidebar. You can check back at any time for information on a past theme.
Thank you and enjoy!

16 comments:

  1. That is a lovely water colour. I wish I had that skill.

    I do like the symbols in your works: the school house to me represents the hope of the future; the bridge is a connection of the past with the present.

    Nice method of responding to the theme ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a great prompt! I coudn't just make one...
    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How I love your painting symbolising the struggle of seeds to grow anywhere! Beautiful tones!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great prompt for a gardener like me. I love that watercolor, Teri.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Teri,

    Thank you for such an inspiring prompt. Your words and photo remind me to take notice of the smaller things in the picture of life.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks everyone and thanks to OSI for always inspiring me each week.

    I did create a new haiku and post to my own prompt :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sunflowers are one of my favorite plants and I was inspired by your haiku to write a little acrostic! Lovely painting!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good prompt. ^_^

    My take on it is a bit different than the picture, though.

    Seeds

    ReplyDelete
  9. Apologies for tardiness...

    http://randomrejoinders.blogspot.com/2008/09/one-single-impression-seeds.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the fab prompt. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts and visiting your blogs in between pulling my hair out onto my Uni essay notes.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good Blog, I think I want to find me, I will tell my other friends, on all

    ReplyDelete