Thanks to Sweetest in the Gale for this week's prompt, fog. Thanks, also, for the narrative, poem, and image.
This week’s fog prompt reminded me of something hanging heavily in my heart every September. Cold weather will be here soon, and along with that, the inevitable winter blues that I struggle with every year. Fall is always bittersweet for me because I love its crisp weather and beautiful foliage. But what comes after is something I dread: the cold, bleak winter. As hard as I try, the grayness always makes its way into my spirit, enveloping me and clinging while I sag from its weight. And every year, I just hang on helplessly and wait for April. Thank God, spring always comes! It’s why spring is my favorite season of the year…I feel reborn and hopeful, just like every budding tree and flower.
The fog settles in
Seeping into low places
Click here for photo credit.
+ + + + + + + +
How to Participate in One Single Impression
- Post your poetry on your blog. This does not need to be today. You can post any time during the week.
- Come here and enter your link into Mr. Linky. Other participants can easily find you by clicking your name in Mr. Linky.
- Enjoy the beautiful poems of the other bloggers.
- There is a new Mr. Linky each week so you always have to sign up on the current one. Please do not sign your name on Mr. Linky unless you are participating in One Single Impression.
- Mr. Linky will remain here forever. A list of past themes is on the sidebar. You can check back at any time for information on a past theme.