Sunday, March 23, 2008

Prompt 4: Spring

As we enjoy the official beginning of this season, our prompt is spring.

Ryunosuke Akutagawa

Sick and feverish
Glimpse of cherry blossoms
Still shivering.

Kobayashi Issa
In my old home
which I forsook, the cherries
are in bloom.

spring's begun--
the sky over my house too
like old times

Shrikant Varma
The first shower of rain
The sky has thrown
Its roots on earth

Photo credits:
above: Tree by Lissa of Just Words
below: Daisy by Jem of A Longing for the Impossible
Thank you!

Z Z Z Z Z
How to Participate in One Single Impression


Post your poetry on your blog. This does not need to be today. You can post any time during the week.

Come here and enter your link into Mr. Linky. Other participants can easily find you by clicking your name in Mr. Linky.

Enjoy the beautiful poems of the other bloggers.

There is a new Mr. Linky each week so you always have to sign up on the current one. Please do not sign your name on Mr. Linky unless you are participating in
One Single Impression.

Mr. Linky will remain here forever. A list of past themes is on the sidebar. You can check back at any time for information on a past theme.

New! You can now subscribe to OSI with Mr. Linky. If you have a problem, please let me know.

New! Subscribe to the new OSI Calendar (see sidebar) and always have upcoming themes available.

We look forward to your suggestions for future themes.

Thank you to all of you who have sent us photos for future posts! They are just outstanding photos. We will be using them in the chronological order in which they were received.

Enjoy!

32 comments:

  1. I am glad I found OSI! I am really enjoying writing the prompts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the inspiration! Here's my Spring In New York Haiku.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely.

    The Kobayashi Issa one brings me to the verge of tears.

    ReplyDelete
  4. spring is actually rather wintry here this year and confusing

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a quiet place for me to come relax and enjoy the thoughts of others.

    Thank you for pulling this together and making me feel welcome.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wrote mine before this prompt, hope it's okay to make it my One Single Impression.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry Linky got my link for Sunday Scribblings.

    Spring is here (not exactly spring, but the link is here)!

    Haiku

    ReplyDelete
  8. It was spring here three days ago, but not today!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi everybody! I am late late late today (grading midterm exams!). Hope everybody is a bit warmer this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have so enjoyed the contributions but it seems that some folk are taking the opportunity to use this place as an opportunity for free advertising. Is it small of me to find that annoying?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Once again thanks for this prompt. It is such good practice for me and I'm learning to love to write haiku. But, oh how I wish spring would come through winter's door here.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like the calendar idea:
    It gives me time to hunt for a photo (this week has given me the hardest time, I kept on looking for a picture of puddle which I knew I had taken but could not find).
    Thank you.

    I too resent people using the link tool for another purpose than that intended, but I suppose there isn't anything we can do about this?

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great idea! Thanks for putting this together for all of us to enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  14. what a great prompt this week... spring is fast approaching though the air is still cool ... all the early spring bulbs are starting to appear.. Waiting Blooms

    ReplyDelete
  15. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Well this was a nice prompt.

    my poem

    toujours-Lanie-bd

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy to join in this week - spring is sprung at "a wrung sponge"!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Spring is especially wonderful this year! Until last night... we dipped back down into the 30's. Oh, my poor little seedlings!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sorry for all the links that don't work, my blog is acting weird....
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  20. Sigh. Sorry for all those links to my page that don't work!!!! I think I've got it figured out now.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I was so inspired last week that I could not pass this week by without an entry. Love this group!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Because I was so very late with my entry for Circles, I've tried to be more prompt with this week's entry and I intend to do one for each of my blogs ... so today's is a light-hearted 'twist' on the theme because my brain is thinking laterally today. It's here: Spring
    Hugs and blessings,

    ReplyDelete
  23. Back to leave a link to a more 'traditional' response to this week's prompt: A Colorful Offering especially for those awaiting Spring's arrival.
    Hugs and blessings,

    ReplyDelete
  24. Sorry to miss last week, but I am back for this week.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I am very late joining in, but anxiously anticipate reading all of these entries.

    Astounding!

    ReplyDelete
  26. It actually felt like Spring today!

    ReplyDelete
  27. It's not Spring in Australia at the moment. So I didn't really feel I could capture the spirit of the season.

    So I translated the word another way!

    Hope you like!

    Gemma

    ReplyDelete
  28. a spring in my walk
    for i am the spirit of spring!

    ReplyDelete