Sunday, March 7, 2010

Prompt 106: Hesitation

Thanks to Nathalie of A Title? What's in a Title? I Was Never Told There Should be a Title! for this week's prompt, hesitation. Here is her wonderful poem:

We glide
Opposites yet bound
A few steps this way
Or the other
On tip toe
Ready to fly off
To depart from that dance
That is courting
Hesitation.
+ + + + + + + +

How to Participate in One Single Impression
  • Post your poetry on your blog. This does not need to be today. You can post any time during the week.
  • Come here and enter your link into Mr. Linky. Other participants can easily find you by clicking your name in Mr. Linky.
  • Enjoy the beautiful poems of the other bloggers.
  • There is a new Mr. Linky each week so you always have to sign up on the current one. Please do not sign your name on Mr. Linky unless you are participating in One Single Impression.
  • Mr. Linky will remain here forever. A list of past themes is on the sidebar. You can check back at any time for information on a past theme.

10 comments:

  1. A complex and delicate dance to be sure. Nicely turned.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad to be back to blogging and also OSI! Thanks for a great prompt Nathalie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. great prompt & such a graceful poem

    many thanks ..

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will always remember the last dance I had. Just dance with the dance teacher and you will remember yours too. She was sooooooo light and could read my mind. She would go anyway ("ready to fly off") I even thought of turning.
    Thank you, Nathalie, for this fun prompt.
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this poem. It really is true about courting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. nice poem, it could be read as referring to a lot of things, I read it as someone wanting to begin but fear to start

    I posted my piece late, couldn't seem to finish it and even now I am hesitated by my own words but for now I am kind of satisfied with this version

    ReplyDelete
  7. www.adivashammer.com
    are your prompts on a schedule?
    this would be something i would like to participate in :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wipe Your Eyes

    'Wipe your eyes, we shall dance gently now.
    Wipe your eyes, the night shall enshrine us in rhythms of waltz now.
    Surrender yourself to dreams,
    We shall fly above ourselves and land there...[...]'

    ReplyDelete