I can imagine of no other avatar than this:
To be one of Mary Oliver’s wild geese.
With the moon in one eye
And the howl in my down
I challenge you to distinguish me
from a poet.
Or Maxfield Parrish.
A note from Beth Patterson, who is host and blogger at the Virtual Tea House (VTH): There are several writers who blog on that site, and she’s invited them to write to this week’s prompt, ‘avatar’. The ones who responded will be part of her post for this prompt. In general, when you are responding on the VTH to the poems submitted by any of the poets that you make sure which one is the author before you address them. Thanks!
+ + + + + + + +
How to Participate in One Single Impression
- Post your poetry on your blog. This does not need to be today. You can post any time during the week.
- Come here and enter your link into Mr. Linky. Other participants can easily find you by clicking your name in Mr. Linky.
- Enjoy the beautiful poems of the other bloggers.
- There is a new Mr. Linky each week so you always have to sign up on the current one. Please do not sign your name on Mr. Linky unless you are participating in One Single Impression.
- Mr. Linky will remain here forever. A list of past themes is on the sidebar. You can check back at any time for information on a past theme.