The baby's warm foot,
dangling free: round, fragrant, soft-
next spring running hard.
k k k
by Matsuo Basho
mizu no oto.
A frog leaps in
The sound of water.
k k k
"Every moment of life should remind us, and death clearly does remind us, that the fleeting moments we seek to capture in haiku are impermanent. Yet, as Bob [Robert Spiess] also wrote, "that impermanence allows us to be creatively free: if the universe were fixed, true creativity would not be possible." (Michael Dylan Welch, Modern Haiku)
k k k k k k k
How to Participate in One Single Impression
- Post your poetry on your blog. This does not need to be today. You can post any time during the week.
- Come here and enter your link into Mr. Linky. Other participants can easily find you by clicking your name in Mr. Linky.
- Enjoy the beautiful poems of the other bloggers.
- There is a new Mr. Linky each week so you always have to sign up on the current one. Please do not sign your name on Mr. Linky unless you are participating in One Single Impression.
- Mr. Linky will remain here forever. A list of past themes is on the sidebar. You can check back at any time for information on a past theme.
Thank you and enjoy!