Sunday, July 6, 2008

Prompt 19: Through a Window

Thanks to Over Good Ground for this week's prompt of "through a window." Here are examples from three writers to get things started.

A window to see the outside.
A window to see the inside.

kitchen window--
three butterflies wade
one after another
(Narayanan Raghunathan)

inter-city train journey -
a rattling window top
shuts itself
(Alan Summers)

every window
a mirror
on the cold walk home
(Kathleen Wilson)

Photo: Stock Exchange
k k k k k k k


How to Participate in One Single Impression
  • Post your poetry on your blog. This does not need to be today. You can post any time during the week.
  • Come here and enter your link into Mr. Linky. Other participants can easily find you by clicking your name in Mr. Linky.
  • Enjoy the beautiful poems of the other bloggers.
  • There is a new Mr. Linky each week so you always have to sign up on the current one. Please do not sign your name on Mr. Linky unless you are participating in One Single Impression.
  • Mr. Linky will remain here forever. A list of past themes is on the sidebar. You can check back at any time for information on a past theme.
Thank you and enjoy!

19 comments:

  1. Sorry about not being able to visit anybody last week. I am hoping to do a little better this time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Only one of my photographic friends had a suitable photograph for this theme but for once I couldn't add anything as the photo speaks for itself so I've posted it anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great prompt this week! Mine is up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting prompt...

    If anyone has the time I've also recently posted two poems called Disentanglement, one free verse, one a villanelle... I'd really value some feedback on which works best!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry, meant to leave a link to my response to the prompt as well - window into the past

    ReplyDelete
  6. Seems like I mainly write about my family. Here's my tanka:
    http://joyce.taron.net/one-single-impression-through-a-window/

    Thank you, Farmlady, for the prompt!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have enjoyed reading through all of your offerings this week. Those who didn't receive a comment were victims only of my own loss for words. Nice work everybody.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cool Idea! Sorry it took me so long to get back to you. I have had a crazy weekend. I really apreciate you support and readership of my place.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm still catching up from last wk - it's amazing how family visiting can put you behind, but I won't complain - it was a wonderful visit! :)

    Here's my contribution for this wk - two attempts at keeping strict form:

    Through a Window

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello. I'm new. It's all Spacedlaw's fault. :)

    Very pleased to join you all, and looking forward to reading your work!

    ReplyDelete
  11. another week of wonderful words...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looking forward to treating myself to a read through everyone else's now that I've finally got mine up.

    ReplyDelete
  13. It is very interesting to see the view from other bloggers windows. The poems are not all that bad either...I have an excuse... I'm new to writing, but I'll get as good as all the others. I just need practice:-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is my first haiku in quite a long time, my first link to OSI, and it's a brand new blog template, too. No performance anxiety here!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've posted another one, inspired today through the car window. Hope it bites. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm so late but I wrote something anyway

    ReplyDelete
  17. My first attempt at this! Ugh!!!!

    ReplyDelete