Sunday, April 27, 2008

Prompt 9: Flowering



Thanks to Rachel Green for this week's prompt, flowering.

Cherry blossoms
fall like fragrant rain
as I pass beneath


Here are a few poems to start the day:

The moment two bubbles
are united, they both vanish.
A lotus blooms.
(Kijo Murakami)

Temple bells die out.
The fragrant blossoms remain.
A perfect evening!
(Matsuo Basho)

k k k k k k k

How to Participate in One Single Impression
  • Post your poetry on your blog. This does not need to be today. You can post any time during the week.
  • Come here and enter your link into Mr. Linky. Other participants can easily find you by clicking your name in Mr. Linky.
  • Enjoy the beautiful poems of the other bloggers.
  • There is a new Mr. Linky each week so you always have to sign up on the current one. Please do not sign your name on Mr. Linky unless you are participating in One Single Impression.
  • Mr. Linky will remain here forever. A list of past themes is on the sidebar. You can check back at any time for information on a past theme.
Thank you and enjoy!



17 comments:

  1. My contribution for this theme is here

    I appreciate all who comment and though I try to visit everyone I do not comment too much as rsi is making typing painful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Rachel for the prompt "flowering." I've written a tanka and I ask for constructive criticism... I would really appreciate it! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea! I just started a poetry blog and have been searching for other poets. Sandy of Writing From Faith: Poems sent me your way! I've added your link to my blog and I plan on visitng often!

    ReplyDelete
  4. BTW, I just tried the link to the Heron's Nest and it needs to be fixed. It is coming up with 2 http://es and so it doesn't work. I was able to enter it manually with just one and it worked fine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I posted the comment in last weeks. But thanks for the prompt.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just under the wire . . . at 8:20 pm . . . here's my "flowering" haiku.

    FLOWER MASTER – HAIKUS IN BLOOM, at Nickers and Ink

    Blessings all around,
    Linda
    Nickers and Ink

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice timely prompt. Much thanks for creative post.

    love-bd

    ReplyDelete
  8. It'4 3:53 am where I am and I must to bed. I will return.

    love-bd

    ReplyDelete
  9. My contribution is about a side effect of flowering.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am enjoying each and every response for 'flowering'. Great prompt Rachel!

    I love the visual effect cherry blossoms have when they rain down. Lovely haiku.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, what a wonderful prompt - it wsa just what I needed today. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. these are some great topics and beautiful ku... seasons

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fun prompt - I just found you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Mine's up at Small Reflections ... a little off-beat and 'unconventional' as usual ;--)
    Hugs and blessings,

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm back with a more 'traditional' response to Week 9's prompt at Sacred Ruminations.
    Hugs and blessings,

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have written a tanka for this response. I tried to suggest a rather ephemeral flowering.

    Gemma

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you for the timely prompt, and the inspiring examples.
    I will try to visit fellow contributors later today. :)

    ReplyDelete