Sunday, November 16, 2008

Prompt 38: Courage

Courage is this week's prompt, thanks to Barb's Haiku. Thanks to her, too, for the photo and for these:

boldness without bounds
courage of her convictions
-children's advocate

normally reserved
and non-confrontational
-tigress for her kids

great tenacity
have mothers of special needs
-unbroken spirits

k k k k k k k

How to Participate in One Single Impression
  • Post your poetry on your blog. This does not need to be today. You can post any time during the week.
  • Come here and enter your link into Mr. Linky. Other participants can easily find you by clicking your name in Mr. Linky.
  • Enjoy the beautiful poems of the other bloggers.
  • There is a new Mr. Linky each week so you always have to sign up on the current one. Please do not sign your name on Mr. Linky unless you are participating in One Single Impression.
  • Mr. Linky will remain here forever. A list of past themes is on the sidebar. You can check back at any time for information on a past theme.
Thank you and enjoy!

10 comments:

  1. Thank you Barb. I went whacky a bit but it's over and done now. Foolish courage.
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful haikus Barb! Such an affirmation of courage that has the eternal spirit to keep being strong!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the prompt, Barb! These are lovely haiku, and the picture is worth, well, more than 1,000 words, or 2,000 words as the case may be.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Barb for this wonderful prompt!

    www.mypoeticpath.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was not over and done. My poem was dark, one called it "kind of a comedic/noir thing".
    This replacement poem is a lighter unhappy but not dark poem.
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Courage comes in many disguises.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have to admit that I have looked askance once or twice at the memes doing the rounds in our blogosphere, so I wasn't immediately sure about whether or how to respond when Dave at Pics and Poems tagged me with the challenge to provide seven unusual facts about myself. I have a couple of secrets to get off my chest though, and that seems like reason enough to participate.
    It is with a certain level of perverse pleasure that I have chosen you to help carry the torch forth. Tell us all 7 unusual facts about yourselves and then pass the challenge on to another 7 lucky bloggers. And remember, Dave made me do it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for inspiring me.
    http://mindfulmimi.blogspot.com/2008/11/sometimes-biggest-act-of-courage-is.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. It seems my language skills need to be strengthened, because I totally can not read your information, but I think this is a good BLOG

    ReplyDelete