Sunday, June 12, 2011

Please Play by the Rules

One of our faithful participants has made us aware that some of the bloggers posting links to this site are not playing by the rules.  Instead, they are linking to poems written in response to prompts on other memes or to poems written for a different purpose at some other time.

This is a reminder that you must play by the rules at One Single Impression.  Simply:

1.  Write a poem in response to the prompt (These are listed in our sidebar, so you can begin drafting your poem at your convenience.), and link to that post here.

2.  Link your post back to OSI by stating somewhere in your post that your poem is a response to an OSI prompt.

3.  If you link here, do your best to visit other bloggers who have also linked here.  Please comment on their poem in response to the week's prompt.

We do our best to support other bloggers, memes, and competitions that share our goal of providing an environment in which creative writers who write poetry find an audience that is supportive and constructive in its feedback. 

We are protective of the integrity of this site, and we will delete bloggers who spam our site with irrelevant links.

P.S.  Many participants are asking about poems that they publish for multiple memes.  These are OK so long as they poem that is linked is an authentic response to the weekly OSI prompt.

8 comments:

  1. Umm, so the poem for OSI should be only for OSI u mean? I usually write for two or three together, using all the prompts of course, n link here too. Is that OK?

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very nice reminder Sandy!
    Well said!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can you tell me if the piece written is applicable to more than one prompt and is linked to more than one, if that is still within the rules of OSI, please?
    I don't want to go against what your rules are.
    Thanks for organising it for us to participate.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice reminder Sandy
    Thanks for organising it for us :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. No, Leo. That is fine. From what we have been hearing, some of the new folks are simply linking to their "old" poems that may or may not be sort of like close to the prompt we have. What you do is no problem!! We are all lucky to have you here!

    And Daydreamer, the same for you! Just stick to the prompt and link back to us.

    Thank you both!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh ok, thanks for clarifying, Andree :) will keep sharing with you folks here!

    Btw, the sidebar and calendar isn't updated yet. Are you still taking suggestions? :D And also, the followers widget is out, and I'm unable to get your feed on my dashboard. Any idea what the problem is?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, Leo
    I have reported the problem with the Followers gadget to Google and of course there is no response. I also don't know what's up with the feeds. I hear around the internets that there are problems striking many blogs; it could be Google is updating code which seems to mess stuff up.

    The calendar/links and prompt list: I will get them done ASAP. Because of illness and losing a kitty, I have fallen behind on everything. Right now I am trying to just stay up to date. But within the next four days, things should begin to clear up as I work through the backlog of my life.

    I'm glad you follow comments! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh no issues; just to confirm with you, I did not get that test for RSS feed either. Please take your time with the calendar and the links list. I was just kidding around. I have already copied the table of prompts to my diary.

    ReplyDelete