Thanks to Irendi of Recklessly Me for this week's prompt, soul. Here is her poem:
The State of My Soul
One cannot exist without the other
Eternally bound to one another
They are interwoven seamlessly-
Faith and Soul
Soul and faith.
Never pushing one ahead of the other
One never falls behind.
Working together for a common cause,
Neither in heaven or hell,
Rather somewhere in limbo
Resides all that defines my very existence.
Faith and soul run,
Weaving in and out of
Obstacles and rest stops,
What was once a barely-there
Now a conscious stream of energy.
A ribbon along the wind,
It drifts on
Soul sustains faith
Or does faith sustain soul?
One a coursing river of cool, the
Other a blazing stream of a flame.
Amazing one never
Overtakes the other.
The other never engulfs one;
They silently pull
My centered self
My wildly beating heart
Knows the path
My brain is the variable-
Needing it, really
To plot my course.
The state of my faith-soul
Is in limbo.
Neither here or there, in
Heaven nor hell,
Dealing with the limitations
Of its humanity.
How to Participate in One Single Impression
- Post your poetry on your blog.
- Come here and enter your URL into the inlinkz widget. Other participants can easily find you by clicking your name or image.
- Enjoy the beautiful poems of the other bloggers.
- There is a new inlinkz widget each week so you always have to sign up on the current one.
- Please do not sign your name on the widget unless you are participating in One Single Impression.
- The links will remain here forever. A list of past prompts is on the sidebar. You can check back at any time for information on a past prompt.
- Please remember: Play by the Rules! The link to your poem may be deleted by us if you don’t.