Sunday, April 6, 2008

Prompt 6: Stranded

At the suggestion of blogger Noah the Great, we leave you

stranded.

Here's Noah's offering:

Motionless

A leashed dog roaming
freely through a neighborhood,
without an owner,

has no sense of where
it is, or where it could go,
opportunities

remain unseen by
prisoners who have always
been locked up and held

away from freedom,
they’ve probably never heard
of it, so they can’t

know what they would want,
stranded, distant, stuck in place,
like rusted bearings,

free to walk away,
to find new paths on old roads,
staying motionless.



k k k k k k k

How to Participate in One Single Impression
  • Post your poetry on your blog. This does not need to be today. You can post any time during the week.
  • Come here and enter your link into Mr. Linky. Other participants can easily find you by clicking your name in Mr. Linky.
  • Enjoy the beautiful poems of the other bloggers.
  • There is a new Mr. Linky each week so you always have to sign up on the current one. Please do not sign your name on Mr. Linky unless you are participating in One Single Impression.
  • Mr. Linky will remain here forever. A list of past themes is on the sidebar. You can check back at any time for information on a past theme.
Thank you and enjoy!

21 comments:

  1. Whoo hoo number one
    I was waiting for this day
    I am so prepared!

    Seriously I am going out of town for a few days so was ready with the topic.

    I think having the topics listed for the month is such a big help. thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the encouragement, Teri. I'm not a poet, just a wannabe and I need the lead-time!

    I hope everybody responds to the poll-survey at the top of the sidebar.

    I actually was able to find a way to use "stranded" tonite!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Andree, your link is not working.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Left stranded...

    Thanks for the idea, Noah!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mine went up last night - will try and get around the others this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This week I've put a contribution on my photoblog Sithenah

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sandy, I like Noah's poem very much! Mine's up at Answers to the Questions :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really enjoyed working with this prompt. It gave me something to work on in my brain while being with my Mom in hospital.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Noah did an awesome job! My mind didn't want to stop thinking.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank You for the tip Sandy. I am looking forward to participating in this. Thank You for visiting.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've only just realised that we're asked to leave a comment. This is my first posting of a poem for onefirstimpression.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stranded?

    Here's mine:

    http://nickersandinkblog.blogspot.com/2008/04/caught-to-quick-rhymed-retelling-of.html

    Blessings all,

    Linda
    Nickers and Ink

    ReplyDelete
  13. Feel somewhat pressured with keeping writing up let only reading fellow poets work. Plus NAPOWRIMO!!!


    love-bd

    ReplyDelete
  14. It is good.

    I like this idea I will like to do the next one.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Another great prompt this week! I've created two entries ... one on each of my blogs ... and now I'm ready to visit others ;--)
    Hugs and blessings,

    ReplyDelete
  16. I came up with three haikus... all so very different from each other.

    Thanks for the prompt and all the poetry!

    blessings,
    s

    ReplyDelete
  17. Quite an exciting prompt.

    Sorry mine is a bit late.

    Gemma

    ReplyDelete
  18. I really enjoyed this weeks prompt. My thanks to Noah!

    I so enjoyed his interpretation of stranded. I tried to comment on his blog but was unsuccessful.

    This wonderful site has opened up my imagination.

    ReplyDelete