Sunday, February 19, 2012

Prompt 208: Elemental

Pam of Amputated Moon brings us elemental as this week's prompt. Thanks, Pam, for the image and poem.


Elemental.jpg

Here is the Wind


here is the wind
rising from nothing
no birthplace or home
a nomad


alas—I cry
as it gathers its breath
the world and I
wait


and it pushes down
from the mountain top
through canyons and valleys
sounding its warning


cry out—I say
tell me where you go
I see trees fall
and waters part


still it rushes on
scouring brick
and stone
with a secret


held within
until the wind and I
join and rising
going nowhere


going somewhere
finding nothing
finding everything
stripped down


laid open
raw---
elemental


Pamela Olson, 2/17/12


+ + + + + +
How to Participate in One Single Impression
  • Post your poetry on your blog.
  • Come here and enter your URL into the inlinkz widget. Other participants can easily find you by clicking your name or image.
  • Enjoy the beautiful poems of the other bloggers.
  • There is a new inlinkz widget each week so you always have to sign up on the current one.
  • Please do not sign your name on the widget unless you are participating in One Single Impression.
  • The links will remain here forever. A list of past prompts is on the sidebar. You can check back at any time for information on a past prompt.
  • Please remember: Play by the Rules! The link to your poem may be deleted by us if you don’t.

7 comments:

  1. Pam, This piece is stunning. As I finished reading it, I was stripped of all thoughts for few moments,almost blank.

    Thanks for a prompt that directs within.

    Here is my take on the prompt, I think Mr. Linky is giving some problems.

    http://spacewithinme.blogspot.in/2012/02/elementry.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Pam, for the nice prompt. It was fun to work with.
    I like your poem, searching for the wind. It reminds me of two verses:
    John 3:8--"The wind blows wherever it pleases. You hear its sound, but you cannot tell where it comes from or where it is going. So it is..."
    Ecclesiastes 1:6--"The wind blows to the south and turns to the north; round and round it goes, ever returning on its course."
    ..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My OSI for this week is at
      http://jimmiehov6.blogspot.com/2012/02/one-single-impression-elemental-2-19.html

      Delete
  3. I don't know what is going on with inlinkz. It is probably me, but I can't find the problem. I put the same script in three times and it finally worked and I don't know why. I will be working to prevent this in the future. Again, I am sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a delightful prompt! Thanks for the inspiration! Here's My Elemental Muse (Limerick).

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is seriously weird! I didn't realize that the next prompt is "muse" until after I'd written and posted My Elemental Muse limerick.

    ReplyDelete