I am lost, forgotten in the world where I stay,
invisible, though I ain’t a million miles away;
No whispers behind my back, shouts more,
feel wanted at times, though mostly ignored.
After so many stabs, you’d think I’ve learned,
no good can come here when often spurned.
By optimism consumed, I’ve built on this lie,
that all friends are forever, even after we die.
Fool’s paradise, that’s where I always reside,
I cannot escape, cannot even say I have tried.
How to Participate in One Single Impression
- Post your poetry on your blog.
- Come here and enter your URL into the inlinkz widget. Other participants can easily find you by clicking your name or image.
- Enjoy the beautiful poems of the other bloggers.
- There is a new inlinkz widget each week so you always have to sign up on the current one.
- Please do not sign your name on the widget unless you are participating in One Single Impression.
- The links will remain here forever. A list of past prompts is on the sidebar. You can check back at any time for information on a past prompt.
- Please remember: Play by the Rules! The link to your poem may be deleted by us if you don’t.