The Sea 'n' Me
I am intimate with water
Cool sea, full of roller coasting waves
Riding through infinity on frothy foam
Bathing my body, refreshing my spirit
Effervescent arms capture me
Misunderstandings wash away
Holding to the truest light
Teaching me about trusting
Floating on my back
While tossing me to and fro
Hardly caring for my well being
Yet inside the depths is the profoundest love
That’s ever washed upon me
I rest like a babe in a mother's womb
Hoping that I will never fail you
Knowing you will never give me up for lost.
Endless breezes blow upon my face.
As the sun shines above, drifting
Many a creature from below pause
To see what consciousness floats above
Along a highway without roads
My insignificance lies beneath
The innumerable grains of sand upon your shores.
I yearn to understand the depths
Of your creation and existence
And why this one grain has any meaning.
Walking along your shores
I leave footprints in the sand
A legacy of decisions made, directions taken.
Turning to retrace my steps
With path erased by never ending waves
Onward I go, within the currents
Hoping the tide will drift my way
And a distant lighthouse will be shining
Showing me the way home.
+ + + + + + + +
My apologies for the delay in getting Mr.Linky up. It's been a bad night. Thank you for understanding. -- Andree
+ + + + + + + +
How to Participate in One Single Impression
- Post your poetry on your blog. This does not need to be today. You can post any time during the week.
- Come here and enter your link into Mr. Linky. Other participants can easily find you by clicking your name in Mr. Linky.
- Enjoy the beautiful poems of the other bloggers.
- There is a new Mr. Linky each week so you always have to sign up on the current one. Please do not sign your name on Mr. Linky unless you are participating in One Single Impression.
- Mr. Linky will remain here forever. A list of past themes is on the sidebar. You can check back at any time for information on a past theme.