Sunday, June 15, 2008

Prompt 16: Transience or Permanence

Thanks to Christine of Quiet Paths for her prompt of permanence (or transience)for this week. Thanks to Christine, also, for the following examples from Chiyo-ni, Woman Haiku Master, and for the wonderful photo.

rouged lips
forgotten
clear springwater


clear water
no front
no back

this is my favorite of these, I think:

a butterfly
in front and back
of the woman's path

and by Christine:

folded into time


tall cedar groves grow ancient

stones linger eons

aspen leaves float the surface

rainwater to distant sea


k k k k k k k

How to Participate in One Single Impression
  • Post your poetry on your blog. This does not need to be today. You can post any time during the week.
  • Come here and enter your link into Mr. Linky. Other participants can easily find you by clicking your name in Mr. Linky.
  • Enjoy the beautiful poems of the other bloggers.
  • There is a new Mr. Linky each week so you always have to sign up on the current one. Please do not sign your name on Mr. Linky unless you are participating in One Single Impression.
  • Mr. Linky will remain here forever. A list of past themes is on the sidebar. You can check back at any time for information on a past theme.
Thank you and enjoy!

17 comments:

  1. This is a great prompt. Thanks Quiet paths!

    yearning

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting prompt and I've posted my take on the subject.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks to Cynthia for so generously providing our thoughtful prompt, stunning photo, and other examples this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the wonderful prompt Quietpaths! Mine is up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I went with Transience: The Fleeting Hours. Both of these, great prompts!

    www.mypoeticpath.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi all. This I tried something a bit different. Not a Haiku. Although I may come back with one soon.

    -love-bd

    ReplyDelete
  7. Christine,

    Thanks for this weeks prompt.

    I specifically enjoyed your work.
    "Stones linger eons" Great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely photo and evocative prompt. I like these gentle lines of poetry. I like the contrast between the ancient trees and "stones that linger eons." I've posted mine.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello again. I just could not let a good Haiku go by without my name on it. lol ;-)

    love-bd

    ReplyDelete
  10. A perfect prompt for haikus...
    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Though not my first Haiku, it is my first post in response to a prompt from One Single Impression.

    Please drop by. I shall strive to do better in times to come.:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks everyone for giving this prompt life! I thought it was a hard one.... you all did wonders!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm a little later this week but here I am with photographer phill providing my inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Excellent poems & inspiration, Christine. Thanks OSI!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. as always another excellent prompt... complacency

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful imagery and captures well the concept of Transience or Permanence. Christine, thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  17. It's taken me all week to get around to this prompt ... and while most of you are posting for Week 17, I've just published mine for Week 16 and signed the Mr. Linky. Hopefully someone will drop by ... and I'll try to be more 'timely' with my NEXT posting for Week 17, but it's not likely to be today ;--)
    Hugs and blessings,

    ReplyDelete