Sunday, January 3, 2010

Prompt 97: Wings

Thanks to Sherri of Sweetest in the Gale for this week's prompt, wings. Here is her poem:


My imperfect wings
With flaws in plain sight to see
Their scars part of me

Photo Credit: here


+ + + + + + + +



How to Participate in One Single Impression


  • Post your poetry on your blog. This does not need to be today. You can post any time during the week.

  • Come here and enter your link into Mr. Linky. Other participants can easily find you by clicking your name in Mr. Linky.

  • Enjoy the beautiful poems of the other bloggers.

  • There is a new Mr. Linky each week so you always have to sign up on the current one. Please do not sign your name on Mr. Linky unless you are participating in One Single Impression.

  • Mr. Linky will remain here forever. A list of past themes is on the sidebar. You can check back at any time for information on a past theme.

9 comments:

  1. This new year's first Prompt! Here's wishing a magical New Year for everybody at OSI!
    And thanks Sherry for this wonderful prompt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year!

    Wings are obviously needed here instead of the downtrodden spirit of this poem.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it is human nature to focus on the imperfections, rather than the positive attributes. Your poem reminds me to think of the positive.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Poignant Haiku with your lovely butterfly reminding me life is about transformation. I've not participated in OSI for far too long, but I'm turning over a new leaf and hoping for the best ... looking forward to seeing what others have done with this week's prompt. Mine's at Sacred Ruminations ;-)
    Hugs and blessings,

    ReplyDelete
  5. lovely to not hide ones scars, take me or not, here I am. Thank you for this prompt!

    ReplyDelete
  6. scars should be worn with pride. this is tender and beautiful. this is my first attempt. practice improves ;)
    bella

    ReplyDelete