Harshad Mehta of Space Within
brings us this week's prompt, tree. Here is his excellent poem:
Stationary & Silent
Observing & marveling
Feeling breeze & rain
Warmth of sun & coolness of moon
Receiving my food
And what it takes to LIVE
Enjoying all that nature has to offer,
That is why I am here
That is how I live &
That is how I pass away
Fruits, seeds, leaves & shadows
Are results of my being,
Not my anxiety
if they are useful
I am just a tree
I wonder about this man
Always on run!
Food, house, Relationships, Status…
So much to “maintain”
Run, run & run…..
Trying to earn his living
When will he realize it is a gift?
When will he evolve to know
There is no need to possess to enjoy?
When will he learn to be still?
When will it occur
What he runs for will find him
Once he is still?
When will he learn to be just a man
I am just a tree.
+ + + + + +
How to Participate in One Single Impression
- Post your poetry on your blog.
- Come here and enter your URL into the inlinkz widget. Other participants can easily find you by clicking your name or image.
- Enjoy the beautiful poems of the other bloggers.
- There is a new inlinkz widget each week so you always have to sign up on the current one.
- Please do not sign your name on the widget unless you are participating in One Single Impression.
- The links will remain here forever. A list of past prompts is on the sidebar. You can check back at any time for information on a past prompt.
- Please remember: Play by the Rules! The link to your poem may be deleted by us if you don’t.