Sunday, August 10, 2008

Prompt 24: Stairways

Thanks to Deb Godin of The Cloud Messenger for providing the image and poem to accompany Christine's prompt, stairways. Deb writes:

When Christine asked me to pinch hit for her, I said "Yes!" and immediately began to mentally look around this very flat area where I live for some suitable stairs. Then I remembered the viewing platform at the wetlands at Point Pelee National Park (just a few minutes from my house, lucky me!) So here is the photo. As I walked around shooting it, I wondered how many steps it took to get to the top (never counted them) and that speculation reminded me of one of my favorite Buddhist practices - Three Steps One Bow - a beautiful thing to see, and that inspired the haiku. Hope this works for "Stairways."

look down from on high
as one prayer becomes the next
take three steps, one bow

k k k k k k k

How to Participate in One Single Impression
  • Post your poetry on your blog. This does not need to be today. You can post any time during the week.
  • Come here and enter your link into Mr. Linky. Other participants can easily find you by clicking your name in Mr. Linky.
  • Enjoy the beautiful poems of the other bloggers.
  • There is a new Mr. Linky each week so you always have to sign up on the current one. Please do not sign your name on Mr. Linky unless you are participating in One Single Impression.
  • Mr. Linky will remain here forever. A list of past themes is on the sidebar. You can check back at any time for information on a past theme.
Thank you and enjoy!

15 comments:

  1. What a great prompt this week! Actually, I incorporated two of this weekend's prompts for my poem: Wait for Me.

    I look forward to reading many of the participants takes on Stairway.

    www.mypoeticpath.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you guys, I had fun with this one! I liked it, I hope you enjoy. Now off to read the others.
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the textures of the stairs in this pic! They seem to symbolise a network of climbing possibilities!

    Totally loved this prompt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. After a quiet two weeks I've taken some setps this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Deborah, I like your stairway and your three steps, bow and prayer. It reminds me so much of my son who, when in middle school visited St. Anne de Belliveau near Quebec City on a school trip, and came home weary from having climbed the prayer steps there.

    Point Peele, what a fantastic location to live near!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Deb! You did a wonderful job, as I knew you would!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Deb for the prompt! Mine's up at my blog... :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. i just came back here.truly a good reminder

    ReplyDelete
  9. ..thanks to Deb Godin for the Buddhistic tranquility of her haiku(prayer)~
    look down from on high
    as one prayer becomes the next
    take three steps, one bow..

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry, I got carried away with this one. I will try a haiku and post again.
    I am afraid I have a very dim take on life these days.

    love-bd

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mine's up. I had fun with this one.
    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ooooo I will have to bookmark this site for inspiration to spur me to write in my poetry blog.

    Cool

    B @ The Love Blog

    ReplyDelete
  13. I enjoyed this topic so much that I participated twice ... once on each blog at Small Reflections and SacredRuminations.
    Hugs and blessings,

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yay! Just made it through all of the contributions to Stairways. So much incredible talent out there. Thanks all.

    ReplyDelete