Geraldine of My Poetic Path brings us this week's prompt of childhood memories. Here is her beautiful poem on this subject:
Soon to arrive.
Expectations ran high.
Snow days and blizzards.
Making a list, checking it twice.
Then Santa's letter printed and ready to mail.
Christmas baking; heady, wonderful aromas.
Pageants at school, with costumes of many colors.
The tall lush evergreen, centerpiece of the season.
We decorated so carefully; each bough lovingly adorned.
With some old, some new, every one used and none forgotten.
The long days of dark December. Homework complete.
Sitting in the darkened living room; time alone to drift away.
Marvelling at the masterpiece of lights and shining ornaments.
Gazing far beyond to the magic to follow. Hurry, hurry, hurry!
Christmas eve: midnight mass and carolling.Treats aplenty!
Then the long awaited treasures afterwards.
The secrets of shining boxes and ribbons.
Finally revealed and always worth the wait.
Then off to sleep to dream of a perfect Christmas Day.
Happy and content, still to remember these childhood memories.
k k k k k k k
How to Participate in One Single Impression
- Post your poetry on your blog. This does not need to be today. You can post any time during the week.
- Come here and enter your link into Mr. Linky. Other participants can easily find you by clicking your name in Mr. Linky.
- Enjoy the beautiful poems of the other bloggers.
- There is a new Mr. Linky each week so you always have to sign up on the current one. Please do not sign your name on Mr. Linky unless you are participating in One Single Impression.
- Mr. Linky will remain here forever. A list of past themes is on the sidebar. You can check back at any time for information on a past theme.
Thank you and enjoy!