search not in the bright lights
that illuminate the field of glory
nor midst the din of exaltation
if you seek a hero’s story
look instead outside the glare
in the quiet place beyond
where no accolades are strewn
and no ivy laurels donned
where daily life is hard
and the living less than grand
where the strength to persevere
depends on the extended hand
where the poor struggle without
the weak endeavor day to day
it’s here by selfless sweat of brow
the brave endure to find a way
willing to give all they’ve got
to daily do what must be done
to share when even they have not
to face their fear not turn and run
to reach and help the one’s in need
to fight the fight that must be fought
more than the words -- to do the deed
to stand and smile not shrink distraught
it’s among these who seldom win
yet rise each day and strive again
it’s here your search should begin
it’s here you’ll find your champion
• • •
rob kistner © 2010
+ + + + + + + +
How to Participate in One Single Impression
- Post your poetry on your blog. This does not need to be today. You can post any time during the week.
- Come here and enter your URL into the inlinkz widget. Other participants can easily find you by clicking your name or image.
- Enjoy the beautiful poems of the other bloggers.
- There is a new inlinkz widget each week so you always have to sign up on the current one. Please do not sign your name on the widget unless you are participating in One Single Impression.
- The links will remain here forever. A list of past themes is on the sidebar. You can check back at any time for information on a past theme.
Thank you Rob, this is a wonderful prompt. Easy to be inspired!ReplyDelete
PS: Your poem is wonderful and so true...ReplyDelete
Your poem is beautifully written and profoundly full of wisdom.
Thank you ~
Something is going on. My poem keeps disappearing. This is the second time I have posted it.ReplyDelete
You are most welcome Geraldine and Tammie... :-)ReplyDelete
Interesting observation... the prior prompt was 'Lonely', and so many more people are able to write about being lonely, than about the essence of champion -- very interesting...