Soup of Health
creamy roads on my soup
create an illusion of well being-
rains pour down my cheeks
rivulets of rain
go down the muddy drain
as soup keeps me sane
sanity has a price I think,
demolishing the creamy roads
as I eat the rice in soup
fork is completely useless
to trudge through those roads
I lick the spoon spotless
if I should die now
think only this of me-
she loved rich soups!
+ + + + + + + +
How to Participate in One Single Impression
- Post your poetry on your blog. This does not need to be today. You can post any time during the week.
- Come here and enter your link into Mr. Linky. Other participants can easily find you by clicking your name in Mr. Linky.
- Enjoy the beautiful poems of the other bloggers.
- There is a new Mr. Linky each week so you always have to sign up on the current one. Please do not sign your name on Mr. Linky unless you are participating in One Single Impression.
- Mr. Linky will remain here forever. A list of past themes is on the sidebar. You can check back at any time for information on a past theme.
Thank you for your prompt this week. The roads in life are not always clear with our destinations unknown. Through Him, all things are possible; and the path is clear.ReplyDelete
I have not participate in a while & road just came along and I thought I should write something & I didReplyDelete
nice poem, thought I think "click here" is not quite part of the poem
thanks for the inspiration
Phew. Thanks for helping me process.ReplyDelete
Another great prompt! I had fun with it.ReplyDelete
I love the humor in this! I am not a big soup eater but you make it sound so fun and so tragic and absolutely poetic!ReplyDelete
The prompt was great. What happened to Haiku Bones?ReplyDelete