Hours after minutes after seconds
Every single blinking moment
A subtle shift
No more than a sleight of hands
From the clock
Stealing time from under our feet.
We turn around
And tomorrow isn't quite
That other day any more
Too busy becoming yesterday.
+ + + + + + + +
How to Participate in One Single Impression
- Post your poetry on your blog. This does not need to be today. You can post any time during the week.
- Come here and enter your link into Mr. Linky. Other participants can easily find you by clicking your name in Mr. Linky.
- Enjoy the beautiful poems of the other bloggers.
- There is a new Mr. Linky each week so you always have to sign up on the current one. Please do not sign your name on Mr. Linky unless you are participating in One Single Impression.
- Mr. Linky will remain here forever. A list of past themes is on the sidebar. You can check back at any time for information on a past theme.
Time is a strange phenomina; once lost, hard to get back. Sometimes fast, other times slow. You captured part of this in your verse. Very nice and something I can relate to.ReplyDelete
very nice poem!!ReplyDelete
great prompt..it was challenging..
Does time shift or does our perception of time shift.ReplyDelete
wow..mcklinky will not take up my link..ReplyDelete
This is a wonderful prompt as is Nathalie's poem!ReplyDelete
Very good prompt and poem Nathalie! Something different can be motivating.ReplyDelete
Hey folks, also don't forget to post your creative works at Monday Poetry Train Revisited!ReplyDelete
A personal haiku for a friend.ReplyDelete
I like the poem and yes time shift so fast, I doubt we'll ever catch up, great poem, NathalieReplyDelete
strange, but I can only see Mr. Linky if go to comments, wonder if it's just meReplyDelete
Been dealing with just this "issue" lately, wonderful poem, thanks.ReplyDelete
This is a great prompt for this weekend. We are trying to adjust to the time change. Your poem rings so true.ReplyDelete
Timely and terrific prompt.ReplyDelete
MY NANOWRIMO NIGHTMARE – A NOVEL IDEA
I could have not imagined a more precise and perfect way of capturing that shifting essence and atmosphere embodying time. Excellent prompt.ReplyDelete
Another 55er. Hope you guys like it :)ReplyDelete
Very nice work...ReplyDelete
Work from home India