My Bellavia brings us this week's prompt, thirst. Thanks, Janice, for this, and thanks for the image and poem:
there's no moon, no stars
clouds invade such sultry nights
prayer is a light
crickets sing softly
metronomes of time are heard
street lights glow in heat
parched lives stare upward
flickered dreams do fade
somewhere it's raining
+ + + + + + + +
How to Participate in One Single Impression
- Post your poetry on your blog. This does not need to be today. You can post any time during the week.
- Come here and enter your link into Mr. Linky. Other participants can easily find you by clicking your name in Mr. Linky.
- Enjoy the beautiful poems of the other bloggers.
- There is a new Mr. Linky each week so you always have to sign up on the current one. Please do not sign your name on Mr. Linky unless you are participating in One Single Impression.
- Mr. Linky will remain here forever. A list of past themes is on the sidebar. You can check back at any time for information on a past theme.