Sunday, April 17, 2011

Prompt 164: Shackles

Ramesh Sood of A Little More Than Ordinary brings us this week's prompt, shackles, and this wonderful poem:


To Live Like A Human Tree

O’ God from all the shackles
Let my mind become free
Let me grow in all directions
Just like an old tree

Let me bear the fruitsf
Of knowledge in every season
To bless one and all, from
Every caste, creed and religion

Let my roots become stronger
To birds of love branches be the hosts
And just like dry dead leaves
Shed from my mind unwanted thoughts

Unwise men may try to betray
Or even conspire to destroy me
Give me courage and the wisdom
To live like a Human Tree..

O’ God from all the shackles…


+ + + + + +
How to Participate in One Single Impression
  • Post your poetry on your blog.
  • Come here and enter your URL into the inlinkz widget. Other participants can easily find you by clicking your name or image.
  • Enjoy the beautiful poems of the other bloggers.
  • There is a new inlinkz widget each week so you always have to sign up on the current one.
  • Please do not sign your name on the widget unless you are participating in One Single Impression.
  • The links will remain here forever. A list of past prompts is on the sidebar. You can check back at any time for information on a past prompt.

4 comments:

  1. My first time here. Looking forward to reading others.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for hosting this wonderful site. I love reading all the fabulous poetry that is shared here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My entry - Words for Julia, translation of a Spanish poem - does not contain the word 'shackles' but the concept; I hope that counts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oops looks like I am a bit late ... no worries :) next time!

    ReplyDelete