Oh my toe!
Stubbed by a shard, a recurring
punishment, a breaking sound
surprising eardrums as something
fell when you swivel, you clown!
Yours is a story of blundering,
a prophesy of Murphy’s Law,
a repetition of past mistakes
nailing you to imperfection.
It’s not so much that you’re spastic,
though that too, but life is,
you found out the hard way,
as treacherous as a monkey bar.
Always the eager apprentice,
you swagger past a swing door,
like a cowboy, managing to dodge
scrapes like a stray gun shot.
You swivelled at the bar counter,
ordered a frothy beer, you heard
your name called, you turned around
expectantly, and that’s when
your avalanche of hands sent
the glass skeetering to the hard floor
and due to lack of proper footwear,
you stubbed your toe on a shard.
Which only goes to show,
you need primping, cowboy boots
or whatever, and you need to claim
grandly, you missed a gun shot
which, when you think about it,
is no small victory, for all the crap
you take, while you go about
your skillful apprenticeship.
+ + + + + + + +
How to Participate in One Single Impression
- Post your poetry on your blog. This does not need to be today. You can post any time during the week.
- Come here and enter your URL into the inlinkz widget. Other participants can easily find you by clicking your name or image.
- Enjoy the beautiful poems of the other bloggers.
- There is a new inlinkz widget each week so you always have to sign up on the current one. Please do not sign your name on the widget unless you are participating in One Single Impression.
- The links will remain here forever. A list of past themes is on the sidebar. You can check back at any time for information on a past theme.
Hey, Nice blog. Nice poem. If yu could take a look at my blog too and do leave a comment and tips about how to develop it.ReplyDelete
and follow it on Facebook too.
That was a fun take on the prompt!! Enjoyed it thoroughly and LOL!! relished each word :DReplyDelete
I miss One single impressionReplyDelete
What a clever take on the prompt - this one made my smile. Great read!ReplyDelete
Irene - this is a lovely piece - thanks for a delightful prompt, as well!ReplyDelete
Like the Apprentice here :) Thanks for the prompt.ReplyDelete
interesting words Irene!ReplyDelete