"I exist, such like winds that blow—
Mere half a man swimming on air,
Heart, dangling precariously—
And empty; soul awry
A gust; and I fade into the nether—
Until memories faltering
rekindle their other half…
But til then, I can lie half awake."
"I can only wish, wish to see;
To feel the wind, your face—my life…
And not the sound across the fog—
Stifled breathing, resounding cries
Oh, how a person holds my fate
And that, my world and then my heart;
To want to live but cannot fight
the shrouds of time to see his eyes
+ + + + + + + +
How to Participate in One Single Impression
- Post your poetry on your blog. This does not need to be today. You can post any time during the week.
- Come here and enter your link into Mr. Linky. Other participants can easily find you by clicking your name in Mr. Linky.
- Enjoy the beautiful poems of the other bloggers.
- There is a new Mr. Linky each week so you always have to sign up on the current one. Please do not sign your name on Mr. Linky unless you are participating in One Single Impression.
- Mr. Linky will remain here forever. A list of past themes is on the sidebar. You can check back at any time for information on a past theme.
hauntingly tender poem.ReplyDelete
thank you for this prompt.
It can be done! Nice prompt gave me a test. I gave up once but posted second effort.ReplyDelete
Thank you for the prompt, now to see how others used it. :)
Found this one - vicarious - easily inspiring.ReplyDelete
Nice prompt this week. It is amazing how thoughts and love for another can affect us. Well said.ReplyDelete
This one rings deeper in me than I am happy admitting!ReplyDelete
Beautiful as well.
I'm with Julia. This comes a little too close to the bone.ReplyDelete
But it is exquisite.
Here we go:ReplyDelete
IN SITU – VICARIOUS VALUE
I somehow got mixed up about the prompt but went ahead and posted the poem anyway... and I posted a poem for last week's prompt in the same post. I'm such a rebel.ReplyDelete
This is a beautiful poem and a wonderful prompt. Thanks for the inspiration.ReplyDelete
Having a hard time getting Mr Linky to be viewed--anyone else having issues?