Holding steadfast on to rusted metal
Bare knees shiv’ring in the Midwestern breeze;
The clouds as soft, as tender as petals
Sweet be the voices, still cannot appease
Sprawled across the rotting wood, do I lie,
Floating adrift on Thy fiction-less sea,
List’ning to cries, for they ne’er do but die;
Amongst the stale winds, beguiling be
The ocean taketh me through cave and mire,
Through storms and spires—indurated I stand,
Bare on the raft, holding dearly and dire
The sound of your voice in bottles of sand
Memories, they would stand the test of life,
But would only cut through me like a knife
+ + + + + + + +
How to Participate in One Single Impression
- Post your poetry on your blog. This does not need to be today. You can post any time during the week.
- Come here and enter your link into Mr. Linky. Other participants can easily find you by clicking your name in Mr. Linky.
- Enjoy the beautiful poems of the other bloggers.
- There is a new Mr. Linky each week so you always have to sign up on the current one. Please do not sign your name on Mr. Linky unless you are participating in One Single Impression.
- Mr. Linky will remain here forever. A list of past themes is on the sidebar. You can check back at any time for information on a past theme.