A leashed dog roaming
freely through a neighborhood,
without an owner,
has no sense of where
it is, or where it could go,
remain unseen by
prisoners who have always
been locked up and held
away from freedom,
they’ve probably never heard
of it, so they can’t
know what they would want,
stranded, distant, stuck in place,
like rusted bearings,
free to walk away,
to find new paths on old roads,
- Post your poetry on your blog. This does not need to be today. You can post any time during the week.
- Come here and enter your link into Mr. Linky. Other participants can easily find you by clicking your name in Mr. Linky.
- Enjoy the beautiful poems of the other bloggers.
- There is a new Mr. Linky each week so you always have to sign up on the current one. Please do not sign your name on Mr. Linky unless you are participating in One Single Impression.
- Mr. Linky will remain here forever. A list of past themes is on the sidebar. You can check back at any time for information on a past theme.