Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Comment Moderation

Good morning!

I am writing to tell you that I have turned on comment moderation but only for comments that are 8+ days older than the post. We have been spammed lately . . . and all the junk has been on comments that are way older than one week. This has happened on my own blogs and I found that turning on comment moderation for older posts has stopped it.

This should not be too inconvenient for us. Of course, I will approve any valid comment (it is so easy to tell the difference!) and I receive notification instantly.

I hope you are all having a wonderful summer day without rain or troubles.

Love, A

2 comments:

  1. Not a problem, I did that to my blogs last night. Sort of it was like closing the barn door after the horse got out.
    But there are zillions of spammers out there. I will clean my comments up as I have the time, I have 224 spammed comments.
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not surprised this is necessary but I'm sorry that this means more work for you. Thanks to you and Sandy for hosting and maintaining OSI. It's the best and so are you both!!!

    Hugs, G

    ReplyDelete