When elections are nearest
They always wear a smile
To conceal their cunning guile…
They are quick with handshakes
They lift the children to peck their cheeks
To bring the moon and meet your needs
If only you vote to make them succeed
Only to be forgotten when they win
Against those who don't oblige
That with humility and service they can earn
But they need some traits to stand them in good stead.
- Post your poetry on your blog.
- Come here and enter your URL into the inlinkz widget. Other participants can easily find you by clicking your name or image.
- Enjoy the beautiful poems of the other bloggers.
- There is a new inlinkz widget each week so you always have to sign up on the current one.
- Please do not sign your name on the widget unless you are participating in One Single Impression.
- The links will remain here forever. A list of past prompts is on the sidebar. You can check back at any time for information on a past prompt.
- Please remember: Play by the Rules! The link to your poem may be deleted by us if you don’t.