I can imagine of no other avatar than this:
To be one of Mary Oliver’s wild geese.
With the moon in one eye
And the howl in my down
I challenge you to distinguish me
from a poet.
Or Maxfield Parrish.
A note from Beth Patterson, who is host and blogger at the Virtual Tea House (VTH): There are several writers who blog on that site, and she’s invited them to write to this week’s prompt, ‘avatar’. The ones who responded will be part of her post for this prompt. In general, when you are responding on the VTH to the poems submitted by any of the poets that you make sure which one is the author before you address them. Thanks!
+ + + + + + + +
How to Participate in One Single Impression
- Post your poetry on your blog. This does not need to be today. You can post any time during the week.
- Come here and enter your link into Mr. Linky. Other participants can easily find you by clicking your name in Mr. Linky.
- Enjoy the beautiful poems of the other bloggers.
- There is a new Mr. Linky each week so you always have to sign up on the current one. Please do not sign your name on Mr. Linky unless you are participating in One Single Impression.
- Mr. Linky will remain here forever. A list of past themes is on the sidebar. You can check back at any time for information on a past theme.
I visited Beth's Avatar posting. Here friends did her well! The poems they wrote for Beth are just lovely. Thank you Beth, for this interesting prompt.ReplyDelete
huge wit &ReplyDelete
a wonderful poem ( & prompt _ well, i bracket just about anything )
many many thanks ..
Thanks Jim and zoya--ReplyDelete
I'll be visiting each site that writes to the prompt sometime during the week. Thank you all for coming out to play!
Great prompt. I enjoyed the heck out of it! Looking forward to reading what others wrote!ReplyDelete
fun prompt, I had to get to know this word better to breath life into a poem. And dear lady, I would never distinguish you from either poet or painter! My sense is you are both.ReplyDelete
Wish the movie wasn't on so many minds... because this is a really great prompt.ReplyDelete
hi friends... my friend Yamini and I have started a weekly short story meme based on photographs called Thursday Tales. If you want to participate, please do join us @ Thursday TalesReplyDelete