The day was finally over
And the sun was setting,
Casting its tired glow over the darkening sky
As the dwindling rays got numbered...
It had been a long day
A colossal journey, come to an end
And night had come
Sweeping away the last strains of the golden light
O, so sweet, with the cool whisps
Of the earth’s smoke, bearing that soulful fragrance
And the silent sounds
Promising blissful slumber
In a dreamless wonderland.
Ah! But the memories do remain
Of the bygone day
And the events, and the promises
Of the deeds, fulfilled and unfulfilled
Of the playful banterings and relationships
So significant and intense
Yet, blurred with the passing evening
Silhouetted images, pushed further away
Now, mere fleeting instances
Of the sounds, and the smells
And the tender touches
Feelings which could still warm amidst the setting chill
Tugging resolutely, until finally
The day gives way to the glorified night
Leaving, but mere memories, at its wake…
+ + + + + + + +
How to Participate in One Single Impression
- Post your poetry on your blog. This does not need to be today. You can post any time during the week.
- Come here and enter your URL into the inlinkz widget. Other participants can easily find you by clicking your name or image.
- Enjoy the beautiful poems of the other bloggers.
- There is a new inlinkz widget each week so you always have to sign up on the current one. Please do not sign your name on the widget unless you are participating in One Single Impression.
- The links will remain here forever. A list of past themes is on the sidebar. You can check back at any time for information on a past theme.